find your home in the Catalan City
, the capital of the Autonomous Region of Catalonia, is one of the most important cities in Spain, second only to the capital Madrid. A highly popular destination for students and young professionals, thanks to its climate, lifestyle, historical and artistic beauty, events, beaches, and numerous opportunities. Barcelona attracts many young people from all over Europe and the world every year, making living in Barcelona
a unique experience. The city offers an irresistible mix of culture, gastronomy, entertainment, and, not least, a Mediterranean climate that welcomes outdoor living all year round. It is no wonder that many people choose to invest in rental homes in Barcelona
to immerse themselves in a city that never ceases to amaze.
Rooms, Apartments, and Rental Accommodations in Barcelona
If you are planning to live in Barcelona
, you'll be pleased to know that there are many possibilities for finding an ideal rental home. From elegant apartments in the city center to trendy neighborhoods and single rooms for students, there are plenty of options for rental homes in Barcelona
that suit every lifestyle and budget. There are several neighborhoods to search for an apartment for rent, such as Gracia
, Sarria-Sant Gervasi
, and Les Corts
. These areas are well-connected to universities and major points of interest in the city and offer many services for students or young professionals. The Spacest
team will assist you in finding the best rental home in Barcelona
for your needs.
Best Neighborhoods to Live in Barcelona
Each neighborhood in Barcelona has its own personality and attractions, each with its own strengths. Here are just a few of the best neighborhoods to live in Barcelona as a student or young professional.
- Eixample is the perfect neighborhood for architecture enthusiasts and convenience seekers. Here, you'll find some of Gaudí's most famous works, such as the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batlló. This neighborhood is also known for its vibrant nightlife, making it a popular choice among young people and students looking for a rental home in Barcelona;
- Gràcia is ideal if you're a young professional or a family looking for a quieter place to settle. Gràcia feels like a small town, with tranquil squares, cozy cafés, and many parks. It's the perfect place to live in Barcelona if you desire a slower pace of life;
- El Raval is a neighborhood rich in diversity and culture. It offers a wide variety of restaurants and bars, as well as numerous art galleries and museums. If you're a young professional or a student seeking vibrant nightlife and a stimulating environment, you might consider living in Barcelona in this neighborhood;
- El Poblenou is located near the beach and is highly sought after by young professionals because it is home to many startups and tech companies. Here, you'll also find a wide range of accommodations and enjoy the proximity to the sea.
The Cost of Living in Barcelona
is a highly popular city among university students and young professionals, thanks to its vibrant culture and job and study opportunities. However, like many other European cities, the cost of living can be high. Rent is the most substantial expense for those living in Barcelona. The cost varies depending on the area of the city you choose to live in. For example, living in a rental home in Barcelona
in neighborhoods like Gracia or Sant Antoni can cost between 600 and 900 euros per month for a studio or one-bedroom apartment, while living in neighborhoods like Les Corts, Sarria-Sant Gervasi, or the historic center like El Raval can cost between 800 and 1,200 euros per month. Barcelona offers many affordable dining options. For instance, a dinner at a restaurant can cost between 25 and 40 euros per person, while a quick meal at a bar can range from 10 to 15 euros. To save on meals, you can choose local markets where you can find fresh products at affordable prices. The cost of living in Barcelona for a university student or a young professional can be high, but there are many options to save money. The choice of the neighborhood to live in can make a difference, as well as the choice of leisure activities and restaurants. It is important to assess your needs and budget to live in this wonderful city without overspending.
How to Find a Rental Home in Barcelona
Finding a rental home in Barcelona
requires some planning.
Living in Barcelona
- First, establish your budget and decide which neighborhood you want to live in;
- Next, use reliable online rental websites like Spacest to search for rooms and apartments for rent in Barcelona that meet your needs;
- Keep in mind that to rent an apartment in Barcelona, you'll need an identification document, proof of income (such as a salary, a scholarship, or a guarantee from parents if you're a student), and, in some cases, an employment contract or university enrollment document;
- Some landlords may also require a security deposit, typically equivalent to one or two months' rent.
is a life-changing experience. Prepare to immerse yourself in a city full of charm, culture, and vitality, and start your adventure by searching for your next rental home in Barcelona.