VAT number Italy: 02547910469
VAT number Germany: 182/118/38015
Registered office: Via Di Ruota 1A 55062, Colle Di Compito, Lucca
The data controller is Roomless s.r.l., C.F. And VAT number: 02547910469, with registered office in Di Ruota 1 / A street - 55062 - Colle Di Compito (hereinafter also “Roomless” or the “Data Controller”).
Roomless is a company that operates in the sector of medium / long-term residential real estate rentals, whose social mission is the simplification and economic optimization of the search process for a rental property which is currently onerous and complex. The portal (https://roomlessrent.com) makes it possible to put home owners in contact with potential tenants. Through the portal, customers can view the properties / rooms and make reservations. By making the reservation through the website, a direct, legally binding contractual relationship is established with the company, although the lease agreement will be signed at the time of check-in between the owner and the tenant.
WHAT COOKIES ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE FOR
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to the User’s device (his PC or his phone) to uniquely identify his browser or to store information or settings in his browser. In essence, it is a text file that a website visited by the User sends to his terminal where it is stored before being re-transmitted to that site on the occasion of a subsequent visit: cookies, in fact, allow users to be recognized. when they access the previously visited page again, to identify certain types of fraud and to provide the User with a personalized experience.
Cookies are distinguished:
- Based on the person who installs them on the User’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same operator of the site that the User is visiting (so-called first-party cookies) or a different site, which installs cookies through the first site (so-called third-party cookies).
According to the purpose of each cookie: some cookies allow the website that installed them to remember, for example, the preferences expressed by the User while browsing or making a purchase or authenticating (so-called technical cookies); other cookies allow the site that installed them to monitor the user's browsing on the network (so-called profiling cookies). Only profiling cookies require the user's prior consent to use them;
- Based on their duration: “session cookies” are distinguished, which normally expire when the User closes his browser and “persistent cookies”, which instead remain on the device even after the browser is closed and can be reused at the time of the next User access.
Roomless uses these technologies for various purposes, including:
- Allow the User to access the Platform and the Payment Service;
- Allow, facilitate and optimize the operation of the Platform and User access;
- To offer the User personalized advertising and relevant content;
- To understand how the User navigates the Platform, in order to improve the Services;
- To monitor the functioning of the Platform and the effectiveness of advertising;
- For compliance with agreements and / or legal interests;
- For the prevention of fraud, to guarantee the security and reliability of the Platform;
- For customer assistance purposes;
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED BY ROOMLESS
Technical cookies are those used to allow navigation on the Site or to provide a service requested by the User. Without the use of these cookies, some operations could not be performed or would be less secure.
The technical cookies used by Roomless are:
- Session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (eg allowing purchases or authentication to restricted areas);
- Analytics cookies (eg Google Analytics), similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information in aggregate form on the number of Users and how they visit the site;
- Authentication cookies (e.g. for access to the site) and access log (e.g. login with Google and / or Facebook)
Profiling cookies are used to track the User’s navigation on the network and create profiles on his personal tastes, habits, choices, etc. They are in fact aimed at creating profiles relating to the User and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net.
On the site https://roomlessrent.com profiling cookies managed by third parties are used; on the other hand, there are no profiling cookies belonging to the Owner (so-called first party). These cookies - listed below and for which the link to the website of the third party is shown where you can find the relevant information - are used for advertising services, personalization of the contents present, tracking and optimization of performance:
Roomless uses other technologies similar to cookies and, specifically:
- Pixel tag and web beacon: Pixel tags and web beacons: these are small graphic images and blocks of code placed on the pages of the website, in advertisements or in e-mails, which allow to determine if the User has performed a specific action: in fact, when the User accesses these pages or when he opens an email, the pixel tags and web beacons indicate that he has accessed the web page or opened the email, helping Roomless to measure the response to his communications and improve the Platform and promotions.
- Server and Database Logs: to improve the User experience, Roomless automatically collects log data and information on the devices when the same accesses and uses the Platform, even if he has not created an Account or is not logged in via your Account. This information includes, among others: information on how the User has used the Platform (including any links to third-party applications on which the User has clicked), pages viewed by the User before or after using the Roomless Platform , etc. Roomless may use the information relating to the devices (and, therefore, the browser information or other data provided by the browser or the user’s device) to authenticate the Users, to identify the device used to access the Platform, to associate the User. to various devices that you may use to access the Services, for fraud protection purposes and to better target advertising.
- Server and Database Logs: : to improve the User experience, Roomless automatically collects log data and information on the devices when the same accesses and uses the Platform, even if he has not created an Account or is not logged in via your Account. This information includes, among others: information on how the User has used the Platform (including any links to third-party applications on which the User has clicked), pages viewed by the User before or after using the Roomless Platform, etc.
Roomless may use the information relating to the devices (and, therefore, the browser information or other data provided by the browser or the user’s device) to authenticate the Users, to identify the device used to access the Platform, to associate the User. to various devices that you may use to access the Services, for fraud protection purposes and to better target advertising.
METHOD FOR SHOWING CONSENT TO PROFILING COOKIES
On the first visit to the Site, the User can accept all cookies by carrying out one of the following actions: closing the banner, scrolling the page or clicking on any other element on the website. Furthermore, the User may not perform the actions described in the banner, access this information from it and deny consent to the installation of cookies.
With respect to the information collected by the cookies installed directly from the Site, the Data Controller specifies the following:
- As for technical cookies, it is reiterated that the use of these cookies does not require the prior consent of the User, since these are cookies necessary to allow navigation within the Site and its proper functioning. In case of removal of technical cookies through the browser settings, navigation on the Site may not be, in whole or in part, possible;
Finally, with reference to third-party cookies, Roomless reminds you that the purposes, the logic underlying the related processing as well as the methods and management of the User’s preferences with respect to these cookies are not determined and / or controlled by Roomless, but by the third party who provides them as an independent Data Controller.
SETTING OF COOKIES
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie=10